[comp.sys.mac.games] >Looking for Comments/Sugg<>or Spaceward Ho! Version 2.0

garyg@well.sf.ca.us (Gary R. Greene) (06/11/91)

One of the things that has been irritating me is that once you build
a satellite at some location you can't selectively scrap it at that
location only, as you can with anything that can be designated as a fleet.
This seems rather unrealistic.  I have been in several situations where
I was being attacked, while I was short of metal, and it would have been
a God-send if I could have just selectively scrapped some of those older
watch-standers without totally lowering my guard in other places.

Also, with larger galaxies, I sometimes get a message about a star I
haven't been to in a long while, or I want to reactivate at that location,
but can't find it easily on the explored list.  A message box I can type
a name into and have the screen go to that star would be *verrrrry* nice.

So far I spend much too much time playing your game Peter, so no flames
intended.  Easily one of the nicer games I've bought.

Cheers,

Gary Greene
Unisys/Convergent Technology
San Jose, California
garyg@convergent.com			or  garyg@well.sf.ca.us (at home)

naiman-jeffrey@cs.yale.edu (Jeffrey Naiman) (06/12/91)

In article <25367@well.sf.ca.us> garyg@well.sf.ca.us (Gary R. Greene) writes:
>haven't been to in a long while, or I want to reactivate at that location,
>but can't find it easily on the explored list.  A message box I can type
>a name into and have the screen go to that star would be *verrrrry* nice.

Many people have mentioned something like this. I'm pretty sure that you
can just click on your planet list planets and the map will immediately
go there.

>Cheers,
>
>Gary Greene
>Unisys/Convergent Technology
>San Jose, California
>garyg@convergent.com			or  garyg@well.sf.ca.us (at home)

- Jeff Naiman

ajauch@bonnie.ics.uci.edu (Alexander Edwin Jauch) (06/14/91)

In <1991Jun11.223029.17430@cs.yale.edu> naiman-jeffrey@cs.yale.edu (Jeffrey Naiman) writes:

>In article <25367@well.sf.ca.us> garyg@well.sf.ca.us (Gary R. Greene) writes:
>>haven't been to in a long while, or I want to reactivate at that location,
>>but can't find it easily on the explored list.  A message box I can type
>>a name into and have the screen go to that star would be *verrrrry* nice.
>>

>Many people have mentioned something like this. I'm pretty sure that you
>can just click on your planet list planets and the map will immediately
>go there.

You CAN DO THIS NOW.  Just type the name of the planet into the status
window and double click on it.  The map and planet list will scroll to that
planet automatically (pretty slick really).

The second person is also right.  If you click on a planet in the list,
the map will move to that planet.

Alex
--
Alex Jauch