[comp.sys.mac.games] Fool's Errand help

dan@mvaxcs1.cse.nau.edu (J Dan McMichael) (11/09/90)

I would like to thank you all for your help with Fool's Errand.
At this point I am corresponding with some one who can give me
hints right when I need them, so please no more.  Again, I thank
the 15 - 20 of you who took the time to mail me any help you could
give.

-dan

 <----------------------------------------------------------------->
< Dan McMichael      | Email: dan@mvaxcs1.cse.nau.edu  | I was      >
< Northern Arizona U.----------------------------------- possessed  >
< Flagstaff,         | "I thought we were an autonomous| when I     >
< Arizona            | collective." -Monty Python      | said it.   >
 <----------------------------------------------------------------->

howie@intermec.UUCP (Howard Kaplan x6596) (01/15/91)

Speaking of the Fool's Errand - I am been made the ultimate Fool!  I was also
having trouble solving some of the puzzles (still have 4 to go before
attacking the stuff afterthe Sun's map is complete.) and decided to send for
the clue book.  I sent my money early October and had not received any
acknowledgement nor any book by Christmas time.  The check had not been
cashed so I wasn't worried.  Tried to loacte Miles Computing with no success
so I sent off a letter and subsequently learned they had jsut gone belly up.
Of course they cashed my check and still no merchandise.

So - Anyone out there thinking of sending Miles Computing some money for that
book , DON'T.  Also, if you see any software written by Cliff Johnson I
suggest you don't buy it!  If you are out there Cliff your are welcome to
give a rebuttal.

Now for a question about the game - I need a clue for the puzzle a thing is
called the "Key of Thoth".  The one that flashes and clicks until your eyes
are about ready to pop pout! The cursor is key and it seems like you are
suppose to click on the squares that show up in a particular order, but I
can't seem to keep the squares visible for more than about three clicks no
matter what sequence I click on them with. HELP	!

Hwoard Kaplan

raven@itsgw.rpi.edu (Jennifer Lynn Piatek) (01/16/91)

Regarding the Key of Thoth puzzle....If it is the one I remember, then the
point on the whole thing is that you don't know where the squares are....

When you click on the right square, it will appear and stay visible.  If you
hit one out of sequence, then the puzzle starts over again.

As for the location of the squares, if I am not correct then when you get one
of the eyes (?) of thoth, a picture appears on the screen.  They give you
clues on how to solve other parts of the puzzle, and one of them shows you
where the squares are, and it MIGHT show you the order to press them in (by
like flashing them in order or something....)

Hope this helps...

nvi@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Charles C. Allen) (01/23/91)

I posted an article a few days ago explaining that the "Puzzle Disk"
on my Fool's Errand had gone bad.  Apparently Miles Computing is
kaput, so I'm turning to the net for other possibilities.  I'm hoping
some owner of Fool's Errand out there will do one of two things for
me:

    *	Send me the names, sizes, creator ID and file type of the
	files on the Puzzle Disk.  I recovered two files from the bad
	disk, but the name, creator, and type info were not recovered.

    *	Be willing to make a copy of their Puzzle Disk for me.  I
	would send my original Puzzle Disk as proof that I own the
	game, and a blank floppy for the copy.  This probably violates
	the letter, but not the spirit of the license since Miles
	Computing isn't around to do this for me.

Any takers?

Charles Allen				Department of Physics
Internet: cca@physics.purdue.edu	Purdue University
HEPnet:   purdnu::allen, fnal::cca	1396 PHYS Building
talknet:  317/494-9776			West Lafayette, IN  47907-1396

ching@brahms.amd.com (Mike Ching) (06/12/91)

I've not been able to figure out the puzzles in Fool's Errand that ask
you to find the hidden letters. I've solved a couple of the ones that
say to use clues in the picture but I don't understand what hidden
letters are meant. For example, one of the early puzzles (I think
it's called Page of Wands) has the fool looking at a mounted soldier
with the sun and two mountain peaks on the left. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Mike Ching

brucek@pro-freedom.cts.com (Bruce Kelley) (06/14/91)

If you move you mouse around near the bottom of your screen, the cursor
will yurn into letters which you then use to fill in the boxes.  I solves
FE last year with my class - I wish they would put out another, similar
product!  Bruce in BG,WA  .  "."
----
ProLine:  brucek@pro-freedom
Internet: brucek@pro-freedom.cts.com