[comp.sys.mac.games] Bard's Tale Question

sbn@raybed2.ray.com (STEPHEN NAUMAN) (06/14/91)

    I have run into a dead-end on the first level of Kylearan's Tower.  I made
it through the beginning puzzle and have answered the riddle with the two
clues.  From there you are transported to a 2x2 room which open onto a large
dark area(contains 1x1 room with riddle about unending byway).  I've
explored it and and all doorways leading out of it and run into all dead-ends.
Can anyone give me a clue how to get beyond this part?
Thanks,
Steve

jtgorman@cs.arizona.edu (J. Taggart Gorman) (06/14/91)

In article <2345@raybed2.msd.ray.com> sbn@raybed2.ray.com (STEPHEN NAUMAN) writes:
>    I have run into a dead-end on the first level of Kylearan's Tower.  I made
>it through the beginning puzzle and have answered the riddle with the two
>clues.  From there you are transported to a 2x2 room which open onto a large
>dark area(contains 1x1 room with riddle about unending byway).  I've
>explored it and and all doorways leading out of it and run into all dead-ends.
>Can anyone give me a clue how to get beyond this part?

Spoilers!!

Really!  Major Spoilers!!!

  Two clues :

  Did you answer the ridlle about the unending byway?  The answer is the name of
a certain street in Skara Brae where you can walk South for eternity.  (Major
hint!)

  To get out of the dark room, the door you are looking for is in the southwest
corner, location 18N 8E.