[comp.sys.mac.games] Bane of the Cosmic Forge incompatibility

pdubois@sandstorm.Berkeley.EDU (Paul DuBois) (06/23/91)

It looks like Help-Meister and BoCF don't get along; BoCF doesn't respond
to the keyboard if HM is installed.  This is particularly a pain if one
is trying to restore a saved game because of the keyword protection.  Oh
well, there goes Help Meister.

On a different note, has anybody noticed a bug which has been plaguing the
IBM BoCF world: if you change classes to a non spell-caster, that character
no longer regenerates spell points?  I'd like to know if it exists on the
Mac version (whose code was a direct port of the Amiga 68000 code) before
I start switching classes.

It's an excellent game IMHO if you don't mind the interface (which becomes
less annoying after a while)

pdubois@ocf.berkeley.edu

rjc@css.itd.umich.edu (Robert John Churchill) (06/23/91)

In Article 4608, pdubois@sandstorm.Berkeley.EDU (Paul DuBois) writes:
> It looks like Help-Meister and BoCF don't get along; BoCF doesn't respond
> to the keyboard if HM is installed.

Hi Paul,

I've heard of one other potential incompabability with Help-Meister; similar
problem. Unfortunately, when I tried it, it seemed to work OK. I'm asking
the other individual to do some testing. Would you be willing to as well?
(I don't have BoCF). Remove all your other INITs & cdevs and try it. Also,
send me as much information as you can: your machine type, memory size, etc.
I'll do my best to get it working for you.

For everyone: PLEASE, if you are using Help Meister and notice a problem,
send me a bug report (this is in the doc file that is included), EVEN IF
YOU HAVEN'T SENT IN THE $5 I HAVE ASKED FOR.  (Note: so far, only two people
have sent in their money by the way). Anyway, I will do my best to get it
working for you so you can use it a while and see if you like it! PROMISE.

--
  Robert_John_Churchill@um.cc.umich.edu
  University of Michigan ITD Consulting & Support Services