[comp.sys.mac.games] 'bot 1.0 now available - MORE INFO

jdavis@husc3.harvard.edu (06/25/91)

In article <1991Jun25.021828.1516@husc3.harvard.edu>, jdavis@husc3.harvard.edu writes:
>>> Announcing 'bot 1.0 by Future Generation Software <<
>
> 'bot is a game wherein you design and program robots to battle each other
> in an arena.  The user has complete control over the architecture of the robot,
> ranging from armament to durability to repair.  You can program in either of
> two languages: 'bot Basic, which is an amalgam of HyperTalk, Basic, and Pascal;
> or 'bot Assembly, for more experienced programmers.
>
> 'bot features the following:
> - A robust Basic Tutorial for users with little or no programming experience
> - Battles of up to 5 robots at a time
> - Arena animation and digitized sound
> - Powerful Tournament running capability
>   - Random, Round Robin, and Single Elimination Tournaments
>   - Up to 32 robots in a single Tournament
>
> 'bot requires System 6.0 or greater on a Classic, SE, or Plus, and requires
> System 6.0.5 or greater on all other machines.  It is fully compatible with
> MultiFinder and System 7.0, which allow battles and Tournaments to be run in
> the background.  Even under MultiFinder, it can be run on a Mac with only 1 Meg
> of memory.
>
> If you have seen any similar applications, please don't say "Oh no! Not another
> robot game!"  Give it a look -- we're sure you'll find it clearly superior to
> the competition.
>
> 'bot is a Shareware game.  However, 'bot has not been crippled in any way, so
> that users may fully experience the game before registering.
>
> Jason Davis & David Chait
> Future Generation Software

'bot has been uploaded to CompuServe, America Online, the Boston Computer
Society BBS (for those around NE), sumex, and umich (ftp sites).  If anyone
knows of any other ftp sites I should put the game on, please let me know
and I'll upload it right away.

The Shareware fee for 'bot is $15.  The game consists of two applications,
and the one fee covers both apps.  Since we've discovered that it's more fun
to play 'bot with a group of people (competing with each other), we also
offer group registration of up to 5 people for $20.  More information can
be found in the documentation.

Thanks to those who emailed me and told me that I forgot this information!

Jason Davis
Future Generation Software
jdavis@husc3.harvard.edu