[comp.sys.mac.system] Floating Finder Icons

dlc659@csc.anu.oz (05/04/90)

In article <3776@castle.ed.ac.uk>, nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk (Nick Rothwell) writes:
> In article <12508@wpi.wpi.edu>, macman@wpi (Chris Silverberg) writes:
>>TM> Now, if they would put the Finder icons in windows, *that* would be
>>TM> a good feature! I'm so sick of using "Set Aside" just to do basic
>>TM> Finder operations! And most people don't even have that!
>>
> I'm all for making the icons *into* windows, myself, so that they
> float with the rest of the Finder's layer.

I use a Sun running SunView most of the time. What I do find extremely useful
is being able "push" the current window behind all other windows *and* icons.
I personally would love to have this feature on the Macintosh, such that
selecting the Finder brought not only any disk and folder windows to the front,
but also disk icons, the trash icon etc., as well. It is frustrating on a MacSE
screen to have to resize different application windows to get to the trash or
disks. (Even more frustrating are those applications that don't resize!)

Drew.