[comp.sys.mac.system] Enlarging the system heap

cht@athena.mit.edu (Chester Liu) (05/29/90)

Hi,

	Do you know of a free or shareware program that will enlarge
the system heap?  I read that most system crashes result from
not enough free space in the heap.  I also do not want to buy a
huge utilities package just to use its heap fixing utility.

Thanks!
Chester Liu

cht@athena.mit.edu

a172@mindlink.UUCP (Michael Carman) (06/04/90)

> wiseman@tellabs.com writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <2729@tellab5.tellabs.com>
>
> Org.  : Tellabs, Inc. Lisle IL
> Person: Jeff Wiseman
>
> In article <1990May29.150407.24898@athena.mit.edu> cht@athena.mit.edu
> (Chester Liu) writes:
> >
> >       Do you know of a free or shareware program that will enlarge
> >the system heap?  I read that most system crashes result from
> >not enough free space in the heap.  I also do not want to buy a
>
> I have heard of some kind of init to do this but I do not know the name. I
> would also like to get my hands on it.
>
> Does anyone know what its name is and can you get it from the listserver at
> Rice university?
>
> (I've needed this one for a long time :-)
>

> --
> Jeff Wiseman:   ....uunet!tellab5!wiseman OR wiseman@TELLABS.COM

CE Software produces a small application called, amazingly enough, 'HeapFixer'.
It comes with DiskTop -- or at least it used to. I think it is now available on
some Apple User Groups with permission from CE.

wiseman@tellabs.com (Jeff Wiseman) (06/04/90)