[comp.sys.mac.system] Pyro 4.0

kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) (06/08/90)

:===>    NOTE:  Pyro! 4.0 may NOT be the problem.  <===
:
:Config:
:	o  Mac II;  4MB;  Apple Color Monitor/Card
:	o  System 6.0.2
:	   inits/cdevs:  TMON, GateKeeper, Suitcase, SuperSpool, Boomerang, ...
:
:
:   I recently installed the new version of Pyro! on my Mac II (and
:   a Mac+).  Until I reverted back to Pyro! v3.3.1, I was hanging the
:   system, DAs that used to work (DiskTop) crashed, even a re-boot hung!
:
:   THE ONLY THING I CHANGED was the version of Pyro!
:
:   Comments:
:   Have others encountered similar problems?  Any suggestions?

Yes, I ran it for a few hours and threw it away. I know there were hangs,
but didn't try any DAs.

Config: SE/30 5MB SuperMac 19" Grayscale
	System 6.0.4 (Carbon Copy, MacroMaker, Suitcase II, Type Reunion,
	Vaccine, After Dark (was turned off), Capture, 32-bit color, Disk
	Express II, ATM, Public Folder)

Shirley Kehr

kucharsk@number6.Solbourne.COM (William Kucharski) (06/12/90)

In article <146236@felix.UUCP> kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) writes:
 >:===>    NOTE:  Pyro! 4.0 may NOT be the problem.  <===
 >:
 >:   I recently installed the new version of Pyro! on my Mac II (and
 >:   a Mac+).  Until I reverted back to Pyro! v3.3.1, I was hanging the
 >:   system, DAs that used to work (DiskTop) crashed, even a re-boot hung!
 >:
 >:   THE ONLY THING I CHANGED was the version of Pyro!
 >Yes, I ran it for a few hours and threw it away. I know there were hangs,
 >but didn't try any DAs.
 >
 >Config: SE/30 5MB SuperMac 19" Grayscale
 >	System 6.0.4 (Carbon Copy, MacroMaker, Suitcase II, Type Reunion,
 >	Vaccine, After Dark (was turned off), Capture, 32-bit color, Disk
 >	Express II, ATM, Public Folder)

And I've been running Pyro! 4.0 for about 1.5 months now with absolutely no
problems whatsoever.

    Mac II, System 6.0.4, 5Mb memory, Suitcase II, Vaccine, Gatekeeper,
    Gatekeeper Aid, QuicKeys, 32-bit Color QD.
| Internet:   kucharsk@Solbourne.COM	      |	William Kucharski             |
| uucp:	...!{boulder,sun,uunet}!stan!kucharsk |	Solbourne Computer, Inc.      |
= The opinions above are mine alone and NOT those of Solbourne Computer, Inc. =

pld@au-bon-pain.jj.lcs.mit.edu (Peter DeWolf) (06/12/90)

Pyro 4.0 has some sort of INIT conflict with Cursor Animator 1.2.

If Cursor Animator is loaded first, Pyro! doesn't allow you to Sample
the various screen displays, putting the cursor in the Sleep Now
corner does absolutely nothing, and the only screen saver that appears
after 5 minutes is the clock.

If Pyro! is loaded first, everything works as expected.

Peter L. DeWolf
pld@mcrc.mot.com -or- pld@abp.lcs.mit.edu

binder@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Tim Binder) (06/13/90)

What exactly is Pyro 4.0? I just noticed people talking about it, but haven't
heard about it (either on the nets or from the manufacturer). Is there an
update available on-line or do I have to order it?

Thanks, Tim
binder@eniac.seas.upenn.edu

| Timothy Mark Binder      | At any time, at any place, our snipers can drop |
| Computing Coordinator    | you  at a  moment's  notice.  Have a  nice day. |
| University of Pennsylvania      | Disclaimer: Nobody tells this university |
| (Yes, I'm only a student here.) | what to think, least of all us students. |