[comp.sys.mac.system] OnCue with MF 6.1b9

dunlop@wateol (Doug Dunlop) (06/14/90)

In article <8679@goofy.Apple.COM> dbrown@apple.com (David Brown) writes:
>In article <1990Jun7.181553.4086@verity.com> anders@penguin (Anders
>Wallgren) writes:
>> As far as I know, the only reason to use MultiFinder 6.1b9 is if you
>> need to debug your programs with SADE
>

>MultiFinder 6.1b9 has a nice feature called "set aside" - you can hide all the
>windows of an application while keeping the application in memory - makes
>for a much neater desktop.  But MF 6.1b9 does some strange things to the
>OnCue menu (one of my favorite utilities) - all of the DA's are listed
>before OnCue's installed applications (in place of the running
>applications) - anyone have a fix for this?
>
>David Brown        415-649-4000
>Orion Network Systems
>(a subsidiary of Apple Computer)
>1995 University Ave. Suite 350
>Berkeley, CA 94704

The fix is to uncheck the "Insert Application Switching Menu" box in the
preferences.  Another handy trick is to use the Option key as part of
your "Keyboard switching" command key sequence.  Then MF 6.1b9 will do
an automatic set aside as you switch through the application layers,
much like the old Switcher.  Makes for a nice clean desktop!

  | Doug Dunlop                 \   | "We must think globally ... \
  | Earth Observations Lab       |  |     and act locally."        |
  | University of Waterloo       |  |                              |
  | (519) 885-1211 x2689         |  | I disclaim only what I must. |