[comp.sys.mac.system] Multiple MacOS partitions

cory@three.MV.COM (Cory Kempf) (06/27/90)

carl@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Carl Baltrunas) writes:

>I may be barking up the wrong tree with the (?imminent?) releases of 7.x, but
>maybe someone out there can tell me how to get multiple MacOS partitions on my
>160M Apple Hard Disk.

>ALso, I could lock some partitios so my software won't get infected as easily.

Yes you can... see below.

>Now,  tell me that this is in the system 7.x HD Setup, or maybe I can get it
>through some other software such as La Cie's Silver Lining... (no plug)...
>But, someone out there know of anything that will make this work better....

Get SilverLining.  It works.  With 7.0.  It allows you to lock partitions
(via a DA).  I have my 600 MB disk set with about half a dozen 60MB partitions
(yes, I have free space left over -- makes it easy to make a scratch disk
when I need one (e.g. for System 7 testing)).  Very good product, good tech
support as well.

>If a product, is the $$$ worth it, not waiting for 7.x?

System 7 will solve half of your problem -- they have added something called
the desktop manager that is supposed to make living with large HD's easier.

+C
--
Cory Kempf				I do speak for the company (sometimes).
Three Letter Company						603 883 2474