[comp.sys.mac.system] The Smallest Mac System Ever!!!

3XMQGAA@CMUVM.BITNET (Chris Khoury) (06/30/90)

     I would like to know how small a mac system folder can get. The smallest I
've ever gotten was 374 K. It has to include the System and Finder and be versi
on 6.0.5. This would be a neat contest, eh???

C. Khoury
3xmqgaa@cmubm.bitnet

3XMQGAA@CMUVM.BITNET (Chris Khoury) (06/30/90)

  Ok, I will offer a small contest. To the person who makes the smallest system
 folder with a system and finder. The prize is a disk FULL of every simpson sou
nd I know of which is about 32 I think. I will have more details later...

Chris Khoury
3xmqgaa@cmuvm.bitnet

3XMQGAA@CMUVM.BITNET (Chris Khoury) (06/30/90)

Shoot, I typed in the wrong e-mail address. it's 3xmqgaa@cmuVM.bitnet, sorry

fadushin@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Phred Dushin) (07/02/90)

Is there a limit on the version range (e.g, 6.x, 4.x) on the system or
finder?  If so, what is it?

Also, is tampering with the files using resedit allowed?  What must
the files be capable of doing?  Must they be able to launch an
application?

Fred Dushin  				Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
Internet:				Bitnet:
fadushin@rodan.acs.syr.edu 		fadushin@sunrise.bitnet

hairston@henry.ece.cmu.edu (David Hairston) (07/03/90)

[fadushin@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Phred Dushin) writes:]
[] Is there a limit on the version range (e.g, 6.x, 4.x) on the system or
[] finder?  If so, what is it?

some qualifiers are clearly needed ...

how about separate contests for each of the following:
(apple release) system 6.0.2 (with whatever multi/finder came with it).
the same for 6.0.3, 6.0.4 and 6.0.5.

also, under the 4 divisions above, there could be two separate constraints:
1) smallest system package able to run macwrite (5.0) and
2) smallest system package able to run macwrite (5.0) and macpaint (2.0)
concurrently (allowing cross cutting and pasting, i.e. using multifinder).

so there's eight ways to win, let's get clicking ...

  -dave-
hairston@henry.ece.cmu.edu

drd@siia.mv.com (David Dick) (07/05/90)

In <90181.1248563XMQGAA@CMUVM.BITNET> 3XMQGAA@CMUVM.BITNET (Chris Khoury) writes:

> Ok, I will offer a small contest. To the person who makes the smallest system
>folder with a system and finder. The prize is a disk FULL of every simpson
>sound I know of which is about 32 I think....

I know cartoon syndicators get all upset about digitizing and
distributing their images--I wonder when, if ever, they'll feel
the same way about their sound track? ;-)

David Dick
Software Innovations, Inc. [the Software Moving Company(sm)]