[comp.sys.mac.system] How can X window run on a Mac SE30?

twang@cs.Buffalo.EDU (tien-hsian wang) (07/10/90)

I have a Mac SE 30 at home with 4 mega RAM on board and a 40 mega bytes
hard disk.
Does anyone know what kind of softwares and hardwares will be needed if
case I want to run the X window environment on Mac?   Your help will be
greatly
appreciated.

--Sunny Wang

blob@apple.com (Brian Bechtel) (07/10/90)

In article <30203@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> twang@cs.Buffalo.EDU (tien-hsian
wang) writes:
> I have a Mac SE 30 at home with 4 mega RAM on board and a 40 mega bytes
>hard disk. Does anyone know what kind of softwares and hardwares will be
>needed if case I want to run the X window environment on Mac?

If you mean MacX, you have all you need.  You'll probably WANT a larger
screen.  If you mean X11R4 under A/UX, you'll need A/UX, and again,
probably want a larger screen as an add-on (if one exists which works with
A/UX.  I don't know if one does or not.)

--Brian Bechtel     blob@apple.com     "My opinion, not Apple's"