[comp.sys.mac.system] Problems upgrading TOPS

monty@tempone.Central.Sun.COM (Monty Solomon) (07/18/90)

When I try to update TOPS to TOPS 3.0 on a Mac II running System 6.0.5, I get
the following error message from TOPS when I reboot:

"Can't start TOPS: other software has modified the local file system.  Try
removing the other software."

What are they talking about?  Why doesn't this work?  What is brain damaged
about TOPS 3.0?

Thanks.

--
# Monty Solomon / <monty@sunne.east.sun.com>
# PO Box 45249 / Winter Hill, MA  02145-0003

MARCELO@pucc.princeton.edu (MARCELO) (07/19/90)

In article <2231@east.East.Sun.COM> monty@tempone.Central.Sun.COM (Monty
Solomon) writes:
> When I try to update TOPS to TOPS 3.0 on a Mac II running System 6.0.5,
I get
> the following error message from TOPS when I reboot:
>
> "Can't start TOPS: other software has modified the local file system.
Try
> removing the other software."
>
> What are they talking about?  Why doesn't this work?  What is brain
damaged
> about TOPS 3.0?

     .. I have discovered that TOPS 3.0 doesn't like the Apple Desktop
Manager .. If you have this you will have to remove it and rebuild the
desktop ..

Solomon) writes:
> Thanks.

     .. You're welcome ..