[comp.sys.mac.system] IconWrap

wichers@husc7.HARVARD.EDU (John Wichers) (07/23/90)

In article <30225.26aa0b82@vaxb.acs.unt.edu> mouse@vaxb.acs.unt.edu (Dhanapong Saengrussamee-University of North Texas) writes:
[lots of stuff about adding icons deleted]
>Also related to this topic, there is INIT call IconWrap (also by Ken McLeod)
>which will wrap your startup icons after it to the next row.  The trick is you
>have to rename it to be the next one AFTER your last icon in the first row.  It
>is available in Sumex under /info-mac/init/iconwrap.hqx 5874 bytes.

Well, that's not absolutely true. While naming it to be the next one after the
last icon in the first row should work (never tried that myself), all you
really have to do is make sure it is somewhere in the first row. Since I have
scads of inits (just another init junkie...), I put a tilde (~) in front of
the name so that it's one of the first to load. That way, no matter what
combination of inits I'm using, IconWrap will load before the end of the first
line.

Your mileage may vary  =8^)

--jjw

__
Her eyes were cold and || John Wichers || wichers@husc4.harvard.edu
harsh, which made them || 121 Museum St #2, Somerville Ma. 02143
tough to chew. - Danno || Anarchy - It's not a law, it's just a good idea.
|| Jesus saves sinners ... and redeems them for valuable cash prizes!!! ||