[comp.sys.mac.system] Can I run color Quick draw program on SE?

ir648@sdcc6.ucsd.edu (Chet Koblinsky) (07/26/90)

I want to run program which requires 32bit Color quickdraw on SE.
I do not need any color routine in that program.
So is there any way to make SE that program pass the QuickDraw
test.

austing@Apple.COM (Glenn L. Austin) (07/26/90)

ir648@sdcc6.ucsd.edu (Chet Koblinsky) writes:

>I want to run program which requires 32bit Color quickdraw on SE.
>I do not need any color routine in that program.
>So is there any way to make SE that program pass the QuickDraw
>test.
You have two problems attempting to run 32-bit QD on an SE - first, 32-bit QD
need Color QD, and second, Color QD REQUIRES a 68020 or greater.  It's very
likely that the program's windows are actually color windows, so I doubt that
you could get the program to work correctly on the SE.  However, you COULD
run the program on an SE/30 - it has all the required parts of the picture!

| Glenn L. Austin               | "Turn too soon, run out of room,          |
| Auto Racing Enthusiast and    |   Turn too late, much better fate"        |
| Communications Toolbox Hacker |   - Jim Russell Racing School Instructors |
| Apple Computer, Inc.          | "Drive slower, race faster" - D. Waltrip  |
| AppleLink:  AUSTIN.GLENN      | All opinions stated above are mine --     |
| Bellnet:    (408) 974-0876    |                who else would want them?  |