[comp.sys.mac.system] Develop CD contents

blob@Apple.COM (Brian Bechtel) (07/28/90)

dwal@midway.uchicago.edu (David Walton) writes:

>In article <1447@camex.COM> kent@camex.com (Kent Borg) writes:
>>the included CD called "Developer
>>Essentials" also is supposed to contain:
>>
>>- All the different international versions of System Software
>>- International HyperCards
>>- Tech Notes
>>- Tech Notes Stack
>>- Q & A Stack
>>- SpInside Macintosh (I-V only--no VI yet)
>>- DTS sample code
>I'm not familiar with the CDs distributed with DEVELOP (only saw the
>first one, which they sent out free), but the contents you describe
>above sound just like the Developer's CD.  [...] But I thought
>that the DEVELOP CDs were limited to the online version of the
>magazine and the sample code from the magazine.

Nope, all that stuff is now on the develop CD-ROM.  The first issue only
had develop; the latest one (July 1990) contains all the stuff listed
above.

The way this was explained to me was as follows, modulo transmission
errors:
Developer Services has decided on a "basic set" of information that
should be distributed on all appropriate CDs.  This basic set includes
the stuff listed above.  Other CDs may have additional information; for
instance, the Developer Helper series (the latest is Discy Business)
contains lots of additional material such as an updated Inside Mac VI
stack, etc.  (It's almost completely full at this point.)  You have to
be a member of the Apple developer programs to get the Developer Helper
CDs.

You just have to pay for a subscription to develop to get the develop
CD; it comes bound into the magazine.  Subscriptions are $30/year USA,
$50/year all other countries.
  develop magazine
  Apple Computer, Inc.
  P.O. Box 531