[comp.sys.mac.system] Multifinder Beta Versions ?

chma@iceman.jcu.oz (Michael Antolovich) (07/25/90)

Hi there,
	 I have a beta version of Multifinder on my SE/30 (I forget which
one, I think its a b7 ?).  I like it's functionality (put away etc).  The
trouble is, it screws up colours on the IIci at work.  I'm sure there is
a newer version (b9 ?) which fixes that.  Is it true and if so, where can
I grab it from ?
					Thanks,
					Michael.

cantie@acsu.buffalo.edu (bruce n cantie) (07/25/90)

Michael,
        If you find out, could you please let me know.  I have been
looking for any of those 'unsupported' multifinders with no luck.
One of the guys from Apple told me to find someone who used
sage, but I don't know anyone with the package.

                Thanks much......
                Bruce Cantie

Bruce Cantie          Internet:  cantie@cs.Buffalo.EDU | I speak only for me,
LAN Systems           BITNET:    cantie@sunybcs.BITNET | U.B. has nothing to
301A Computing Center BITNET:    LSBRUCE@UBVMS.BITNET  | do with it.

dj02+@andrew.cmu.edu (Dale Allen James) (07/25/90)

The beta versions of Multifinder (6.1b7, 6.1b9) are shipped with SADE, Apple's
Symbolic Debugger which runs under MPW.  6.1b9 is shipped with SADE 1.1, and,
I believe, is the required version for the IIci and the IIfx.

levin@bbn.com (Joel B Levin) (07/26/90)

In article <UafQkDm00WB4E6okkx@andrew.cmu.edu> dj02+@andrew.cmu.edu (Dale Allen James) writes:
|The beta versions of Multifinder (6.1b7, 6.1b9) are shipped with SADE, Apple's
|Symbolic Debugger which runs under MPW.  6.1b9 is shipped with SADE 1.1, and,
|I believe, is the required version for the IIci and the IIfx.

If you have access, the developers' CD (Wanda) has 6.1b9.  I'll not be
surprised if the _d e v e l o p_ CDs have it too (I haven't got a CD
player yet so I can't check).

Note that 6.1b9 also requires an accompanying version of DA Handler.

	/JBL
Nets: levin@bbn.com  | "How does a mouse let me move the cursor anywhere
 or {...}!bbn!levin  |  I want?"  "What are address busses?"  "How do
pots: (617)873-3463  |  icons work?"              --Time-Life Books

cantie@acsu.buffalo.edu (bruce n cantie) (07/26/90)

> If you have access, the developers' CD (Wanda) has 6.1b9.  I'll not be
> surprised if the _d e v e l o p_ CDs have it too (I haven't got a CD
> player yet so I can't check).
>
> Note that 6.1b9 also requires an accompanying version of DA Handler.

	Could Apple arrange to have it put into their archive site?
From what I have seen there are quite a few people who are looking to get
a copy, even if it is one of those 'you can have it, but use it at
your own risk' deals.  I have several of the  d e v e l o p  CDs, but I
do not have a player, so like above I don't know what is on them.

Bruce Cantie

Bruce Cantie          Internet:  cantie@cs.Buffalo.EDU | I speak only for me,
LAN Systems           BITNET:    cantie@sunybcs.BITNET | U.B. has nothing to
301A Computing Center BITNET:    LSBRUCE@UBVMS.BITNET  | do with it.

ccc_ldo@waikato.ac.nz (Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Waikato University) (07/26/90)

In <58441@bbn.BBN.COM>, levin@bbn.com (Joel B Levin) says that
MultiFinder 6.1b9 "also requires an accompanying version of DA Handler."

That may be true, but I'm running 6.1b9 under System 6.0.5 with the
6.0.5 DA Handler, and I haven't noticed any problems.

On the other hand, I haven't actually used SADE 1.1 yet...

Lawrence D'Oliveiro
Computer Services Dept                    fone: +64-71-562-889
University of Waikato                      fax: +64-71-384-066
Hamilton, New Zealand            electric mail: ldo@waikato.ac.nz
"So much code, so little time..." -- Steve Jasik

chma@iceman.jcu.oz (Michael Antolovich) (07/26/90)

In article <58441@bbn.BBN.COM>, levin@bbn.com (Joel B Levin) writes:
> In article <UafQkDm00WB4E6okkx@andrew.cmu.edu> dj02+@andrew.cmu.edu (Dale Allen James) writes:
> |The beta versions of Multifinder (6.1b7, 6.1b9) are shipped with SADE, Apple's
> |Symbolic Debugger which runs under MPW.  6.1b9 is shipped with SADE 1.1, and,
> |I believe, is the required version for the IIci and the IIfx.
>
> If you have access, the developers' CD (Wanda) has 6.1b9.  I'll not be
> surprised if the _d e v e l o p_ CDs have it too (I haven't got a CD
> player yet so I can't check).
>
> Note that 6.1b9 also requires an accompanying version of DA Handler.
>
> 	/JBL

OK, let me restate my question, is there anyone out there willing to send me
a copy of Multifinder 6.1b9 (I have 6.1b7) and the corresponding DA Handler.
Please don't send it without asking first, I'll pick the closest contact.
						Thanks,
						Michael
PS If chma@iceman.jcu.edu.au bounces try :-
      chma@marlin.jcu.edu.au   or
      chma@groper.jcu.edu.au

dumb mailer !!
dumb mailer !!
dumb mailer !!

chma@iceman.jcu.oz (Michael Antolovich) (07/29/90)

Thanks to everyone, I now have two copies of Multifinder 6.1b9 :-)
						Michael

ls1i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Leonard John Schultz) (07/30/90)

On 29-Jul-90 in Re: Multifinder Beta Versio..
user Michael Antolovich@icema writes:
>Thanks to everyone, I now have two copies of Multifinder 6.1b9 :-)
>						Michael

You got it???
Could you send me a copy???  My mailer doesn't recognize your address, Michael
thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Len Schultz
Carnegie-Mellon U.

chma@iceman.jcu.oz (Michael Antolovich) (07/30/90)

	Sorry for this but I have been trying to send the file to :-
bengtw@cs.umu.se

	but I get :-

While talking to jupiter.cs.umu.se:
>>> MAIL From:<chma@groper.jcu.edu.au>
<<< 554 mapname: unknown type in map request
554 <bengtw@cs.umu.se>... Remote protocol error

	Any clues as to what is wrong (which end ? I assume it is on their
end since I haven't had trouble like this before).  I have also sent small
test messages with the same reults.
	If you are listening Bengt, I've been trying :-}
						Michael.

markt@wpi.wpi.edu (Mark Robert Tsombakos) (08/01/90)

Would any of you kind souls who sent Michael A. Multifinder 6.1b9, sent it to
me? (With the new and improved (!) DA Handler)
		Thanks!
		markt@wpi.wpi.edu

forbes@sp11.csrd.uiuc.edu (Michael Scott Forbes) (08/01/90)

In article <14270@wpi.wpi.edu> markt@wpi.wpi.edu (Mark Robert Tsombakos) writes:

>Would any of you kind souls who sent Michael A. Multifinder 6.1b9, sent it to
>me? (With the new and improved (!) DA Handler)
>		Thanks!
>		markt@wpi.wpi.edu

I'd also like to add my name to the list (a very large list, it seems).
I take it this version of Multifinder is not available via ftp from Apple.
Maybe it should be?

Scott Forbes			University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
forbes@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu	Center for Supercomputing Research & Development
Disclaimer:  This job doesn't pay much, but it does wonders for my .signature

ted@cs.utexas.edu (Ted Woodward) (08/02/90)

So, what's the difference between 6.1b7 and 6.1b9, besides the fact that b9
is required for a ci/fx?  Should I get b9 to replace my b7 (4 meg SE)?

--
Ted Woodward (ted@cs.utexas.edu)

Greetings, Royal Ugly Dudes!