[comp.sys.mac.system] LaserFix

sumner@usceast.UUCP (David Sumner) (08/02/90)

In Article 837MUSJJH@latvax8.lat.oz writes:
In article <57647@lanl.gov>, crv@lanl.gov (Chad R. Vizino) writes:
>> I would like to know how to get a
>> Postscript file from the LaserWriter dialog box instead of having the file
>> sent to the printer.  I have tried pressing 'command-F' while mousing down
>> on the 'OK' button but this doesn't seem to work.  Is this function specific
>> to a certain application or am I doing the wrong thing?
>>
>> -----------
>> Chad Vizino

>Here are a couple of solutions to your problem:
>
>1) The Easy Way.
>The timing of when you press 'command-F' is crucial. If you miss hitting the

< Stuff deleted>

>2) The More Elaborate Way
>If you are familiar with ResEdit you can edit the LaserWriter Driver so that
>a check-box will appear in the Print dialog allowing you to automatically

< Stuff deleted>

But the very BEST way is to use LaserFix. It's at Sumex-aim and
will not only put the checkbox on the Dialog automatically, but
will also provide you with a standard file dialog box so that you can
give your postscript files more meaningful names than just the generic
Postscript0-Postscript9. Also you can save the files to any folder you like.

Version 2.0 of LaserFix (which only works with version 5.2 of the LaserWriter
is available on Compuserve and America Online. It will be available soon
at Sumex.(P.S Version 1.1 is freeware, version 2.0 is CharityWare)

David Sumner
"If you ask a fish to describe its environment, the last thing it mentions
 is water."