[comp.sys.mac.system] Problems with MaxAppleZoom 1.2 and MACOS 6.05

joker@cbnewsd.att.com (teodoro.g.alonso) (08/09/90)

Hi,
	I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to get MaxAppleZoom 1.2
	to run in my MAC IICX(Apple Hi-res Card,4 Meg,6.05,
	various inits). The init refuses to run and complains about
	the system.
	OK Two Questions:
	1) Is it worth the effort?
	2) If the answer to 1 is yes, Is there any way I can get it
	running on my machine?

	Thanxs in Advance
	Ted Alonso
	att!ihlpl!juracan

In article <1990Aug8.185140.23754@cbnewsd.att.com> joker@cbnewsd.att.com (teodoro.g.alonso) writes:
>Hi,
>	I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to get MaxAppleZoom 1.2
>	to run in my MAC IICX(Apple Hi-res Card,4 Meg,6.05,
>	various inits). The init refuses to run and complains about
>	the system.

>	OK Two Questions:

>	2) If the answer to 1 is yes, Is there any way I can get it
>	running on my machine?
Probably not. There are at least four versions of the 8-bit video card
Apple has made (probably more).  Two show up in MacEnvy as a 'Toby Frame
Buffer Card', and they work.  One shows up as a 'Apple High Resolution
Video Card', and doesn't work (this is the first card to adjust to which
monitor you have).  The last is the Apple 4*8 video card, which looks
completely different, and doesn't work.

Chances are you have the 'Apple High Resolution Video Card', and are out
of luck.

][, ][+, ///, ///+, //e, //c, IIGS, //c+ --- Any questions?
		Hey!  Bush has NO LIPS!