[comp.sys.mac.system] news on what's FTPable from APPLE.COM

werner@cs.utexas.edu (Werner Uhrig) (08/07/90)

a little bird has told me that there will shortly be a new site FTP.APPLE.COM
online, which will have expanded archives including new goodies previously
not available for FTP ...

it's basically a problem of getting the lawyers to agree....

geske@hpislx.HP.COM (Brent Geske) (08/09/90)

> a little bird has told me that there will shortly be a new site FTP.APPLE.COM
> online, which will have expanded archives including new goodies previously
> not available for FTP ...
>
> it's basically a problem of getting the lawyers to agree....

Ahhhhh....

I do "nslookup ftp.apple.com" and see:

	Name Server:  hpccoa.corp.hp.com
	Address:  15.255.216.1

	Non-authoritative answer:
	Name:    bric-a-brac.apple.com
	Address:  130.43.2.3
	Aliases:  ftp.apple.com

and yet "ping ftp.apple.com" or "ping bric-a-brac.apple.com" FAILS.
Apparently the site name has been sent out but the machine is not yet
active.  Stay tuned...

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (08/12/90)

In article <13640004@hpislx.HP.COM> geske@hpislx.HP.COM (Brent Geske) writes:
>> a little bird has told me that there will shortly be a new site FTP.APPLE.COM
>> online, which will have expanded archives including new goodies previously
>> not available for FTP ...
>>
>I do "nslookup ftp.apple.com" and see:
>
>	Name Server:  hpccoa.corp.hp.com
>	Address:  15.255.216.1
>
>	Non-authoritative answer:
>	Name:    bric-a-brac.apple.com
>	Address:  130.43.2.3
>	Aliases:  ftp.apple.com
>
>and yet "ping ftp.apple.com" or "ping bric-a-brac.apple.com" FAILS.
>Apparently the site name has been sent out but the machine is not yet
>active.  Stay tuned...

The site was active, but a recent power loss fried a drive.  The current
machine and drive are being loaded with all sorts of goodies and will
hopefully be up and running before September.  Don't worry, you won't be
able to miss the announcement when I get it back online.

--
Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_