[comp.sys.mac.system] Mac Beijing Operating System

XA93101@pavo.concordia.ca (08/24/90)

I'm looking for a copy of Macintosh Chinese Gou Bioa (Beijing) operating
system.  Anyone have a copy or know where I can get one?

uono@orient.center.nitech.ac.jp (Kentarou Uono) (08/24/90)

In article <4318@pavo.concordia.ca> XA93101@pavo.concordia.ca writes:

   >>I'm looking for a copy of Macintosh Chinese Gou Bioa (Beijing) operating
   >>system.  Anyone have a copy or know where I can get one?

I think it is available from APDA. The name is HanziTalk. I am not sure
the system follows newest version, 6.x.
_uono@orient.center.nitech.ac.jp/JE2OPL_
_Kentaro Uono/Ken. Fishfield____________
_Nonami 4-285,Tempaku,Nagoya 468 Japan__
_Nagoya 77,Boy Scout of Nippon__________

lai@Apple.COM (Ed Lai) (08/25/90)

In article <4318@pavo.concordia.ca> XA93101@pavo.concordia.ca writes:
>I'm looking for a copy of Macintosh Chinese Gou Bioa (Beijing) operating
>system.  Anyone have a copy or know where I can get one?

The develop magazine is meant for developer and not end user, nonetheless
anyone can subscribe, it is $30 a year for four issues.

d e v e l o p
Apple Computer, Inc
PO Box 531
Mt. Morris, IL 61054

(800)545-9364
(813)734-6309

Each issue comes with a CD-ROM, and on the July 90 issue the CD-ROM contains
among other things, Bejing Version OS 6.03, Taiwan version 6.04, KanjiTalk
version 6.04, Arabic 6.05, Taiwan 6.03 Font Option Kit, KanjiTalk 6.0 document.

I don't know if the software is meant for the devloper use only, but it is in
there.

/* Disclaimer: All statments and opinions expressed are my own */
/* Edmund K. Lai                                               */
/* Apple Computer, MS37-UP                                     */
/* 20525 Mariani Ave,                                          */
/* Cupertino, CA 95014                                         */
/* (408)974-6272                                               */
zW@h9cOi

lai@Apple.COM (Ed Lai) (08/25/90)

Correction: the non 800 number for d e v e l o p should be

(815)734-6309