[comp.sys.mac.system] screendump->LaserWriter

atkins@marlin.NOSC.MIL (Hugh T. Atkins) (08/29/90)

I would like to be able to do a window ( or screen dump) to a LaserWriter.
I know about command-shift-4 but that only works when using an
ImageWriter. Is there a utility,FKEY,CDEV or the like to accomplish this ?
I'm using a Mac II with a LaserWriter on appletalk with a Mac+ running
system 6.0.4 .
I'm aware of things like ScreenSnap but I need to pass this on to a novice
user and would like to make it a one-step process. You know, push the
button and get the results.
Thanks for any help,tips pointers   __ Hugh

atkins@marlin.NOSC.MIL (Hugh T. Atkins) (08/30/90)

I found LaserDump in the sumex archives. I know it's old. Is there an
updated version ? I'm using a Mac II running 6.0.2 finder 6.1 with a
LaserWriter IISC over appletalk.
__ Hugh

winders@aux.support.apple.com (Scott Winders) (08/30/90)

In article <1471@marlin.NOSC.MIL> atkins@marlin.NOSC.MIL (Hugh T. Atkins)
writes:

> I found LaserDump in the sumex archives. I know it's old. Is there an
> updated version ? I'm using a Mac II running 6.0.2 finder 6.1 with a
> LaserWriter IISC over appletalk.

You may be using a LaserWriter IISC but not over AppleTalk.  The
LaserWriter IISC is a SCSI device...

Scott Winders
internet: winders@aux.support.apple.com
AppleLink: winders.s@applelink.apple.com

rasio@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Frederic A. Rasio) (09/01/90)

BTW, is there a screendump FKEY that works with the DeskWriter?