[comp.sys.mac.system] AppleShare and System 7.0

francis@giza.cis.ohio-state.edu (RD Francis) (09/06/90)

In article <1990Sep6.020248.2643@ccu.umanitoba.ca> umcarls9@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Charles Carlson) writes:
>From what I've read, system 7 will be a full peer to peer network, not
>requiring a server like it does now.

Thought I'd mention this.  As far as I know (and I heard this at an
Apple Support Partnership meeting), the Personal AppleShare stuff will
*NOT* be replacing AppleShare.  In fact, there will be an AppleShare
3.0 coming out sometime after 7.0.  Personal AppleShare will not be
able to fully devote the CPU to AppleShare tasks; some CPU time will
*always* be reserved for the local user, even if they aren't doing
anything.
--
R David Francis   francis@cis.ohio-state.edu