[comp.sys.mac.system] TOM/init

kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) (09/06/90)

"Well, I didn't get any replies from the net to my question about
"TOM/Init, but I found out who makes (made) it anyway. Problem is that
"noone answers the phone number I have.
"
"The company is Advanced Interface Programming in Nebraska. The
"Numbers I have are 402.873.7360 and 800.622.8674. Neither of these
"get through.
"
"Any ideas on how to get through to these folks?

"Todd

Well, I didn't see your posting, but I got this when it first came out.
They were real chatty and talked me through a patch over the phone. If
I can remember...

It worked before Word 4.0, but not very well. The worst thing was that
the font menu wouldn't stay open. They knew it didn't work well with
Word, but when 4.0 came out I had already given up on 3rd-party tear-off
menus. Isn't this supposed to be part of System 7.0?  If so, I hope it
works with Word.

Some drawing programs already have them, so I only wanted them with
Word. It's real convenient to instantly see the formatting without
having to pull down a menu.

I suspect they bit off more than they were prepared for. It was obvious
that they had no idea how much the phone bill was going to be.

Shirley Kehr

mystone@mondo.engin.umich.edu (Dean Yu) (09/10/90)

In article <150837@felix.UUCP> kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) writes:
>It worked before Word 4.0, but not very well. The worst thing was that
>the font menu wouldn't stay open. They knew it didn't work well with
>Word, but when 4.0 came out I had already given up on 3rd-party tear-off
>menus. Isn't this supposed to be part of System 7.0?  If so, I hope it
>works with Word.

  This feature got "de-announced" as Jordan puts it.  It may or may not be
part of a future version of the System.  As for the API dudes, try them later
at night.  I used to call them around 9 or 10'ish Eastern time, and they were
still at work.

Dean Yu                            | E-mail:    mystone@mondo.engin.umich.edu
Patches 'R' Us                     | Real-mail: Dean Yu
A Division of Cyberite Systems     |            909 Church St Apt C
                                   |            Ann Arbor, MI 48104
  I speak for myself, so I'm not   | Phone:     313 662-4073
   going to disclaim anything.     |            313 662-4163