[comp.sys.mac.system] Add "DiskFile" box to laser dialog?

johnsone@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu (09/11/90)

Some time ago, someone posted instructions to hack one of the LaserWriter
chooser files (I think it was the one with System 6.0.2 or 6.0.3) to add
a check-box for a disk file (PostScript) to the standard print dialog. I
did the hack (with ResEdit) and loved it.  Unfortunately, I switched
to System 6.0.5 (with LaserWriter 6.0.1) and I no longer have those
instructions.  I guess a good question is, "Would the same hack work for
the newer LaserWriter files?"

Any help?  Thanks.

Erik A. Johnson, Graduate Student        \ Internet:  johnsone@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu
Aeronautical & Astronautical Engineering  \
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign \

gilbertd@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Don Gilbert) (09/12/90)

Get a copy of mypagesetup-13.hqx from the info-mac ftp archive,
directory info-mac/util.  It puts a "Disk file" checkbox on all
existing laserwriter printer job dialogs.  Expect it to break with
system 7 though.    -- Don

Don.Gilbert@Iubio.Bio.Indiana.Edu
biocomputing office, indiana univ., bloomington, in 47405, usa

mystone@mondo.engin.umich.edu (Dean Yu) (09/12/90)

In article <58018@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> gilbertd@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Don Gilbert) writes:
>Get a copy of mypagesetup-13.hqx from the info-mac ftp archive,
>directory info-mac/util.  It puts a "Disk file" checkbox on all
>existing laserwriter printer job dialogs.  Expect it to break with
>system 7 though.    -- Don

  (Hi Don!)  This program/utiliy/call-it-what-you-like won't be necessary
in System 7, since the print dialog will have creating a PostScript file as
an option.

Dean Yu                            | E-mail:    mystone@mondo.engin.umich.edu
Patches 'R' Us                     | Real-mail: Dean Yu
A Division of Cyberite Systems     |            909 Church St Apt C
                                   |            Ann Arbor, MI 48104
  I speak for myself, so I'm not   | Phone:     313 662-4073
   going to disclaim anything.     |            313 662-4163