[comp.sys.mac.system] Apple in menu has lost its color

chuck@Morgan.COM (Chuck Ocheret) (09/18/90)

I recently obtained an Apple CD Rom drive (which works great).
However, when I installed the newer version of the System from the CD
Rom installation floppy the apple in the Finder menu no longer displayed
in color.  My old System was 6.0.4 and the new system is 6.0.5.  Note
that I use a RasterOps 224 24-bit color board and I have 32-Bit
Quickdraw version 1.2 installed.  Everything else that uses color works
fine including the Colors pulldown menu.  I have tried running in 4, 8
and 24-bit modes with no success.

Does anyone know what might cause this problem?  I don't really care
about the apple being in B&W, it's just that I am concerned that this
is a symptom of something else wrong with my system.

Thanks,
~chuck
--
+--------------------+   Chuck Ocheret, Sr. Staff Engineer   +---------------+
|chuck@APT.Morgan.COM|       Morgan Stanley & Co., Inc.      |(212) 703-4474 |

wilkins@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Mark Wilkins) (09/19/90)

In article <1718@s5.Morgan.COM> chuck@Morgan.COM (Chuck Ocheret) writes:
>However, when I installed the newer version of the System from the CD
>Rom installation floppy the apple in the Finder menu no longer displayed
>in color.

  You installed a "minimum" system rather than a "standard" system when you
ran the Installer.  It is not a symptom of anything awful, although I have
seen some programs get upset over a minimum installation.  If you're not
stuck for disk space, you may wish to run the installer again and install
with a full System script.

  If it isn't already there, this belongs in one of those "frequently asked
questions" posts!

-- Mark Wilkins