[comp.sys.mac.system] Is A/UX useful ?

utah@emc2.sit.shimz.co.jp (09/26/90)

Hi !!!
This is my first post to this group. And I have some question about A/UX.
If Anyone know about A/UX, please tell me infomations.

1. Can I install A/UX and Mac OS to same HD, and select when booting.
2. Can I use Hyper Card on A/UX.
3. Require evironment ( HD, MEMORY, I/O )
4. Can I run X Window applicatin which I made on UNIX SYSTEM under A/UX.
5. Can I make X Windows aplication under A/UX.

Sorry, I'm not good at English, I hope you understand what I want tosay.
See you.

--

   #########              Takashi Yuta
  ###########             Institute of Technology
 3|=(@)-(@)=|3            utah@emc2.sit.shmz.co.jp
  |    ^    |             4-17,Etchujima 3-chome,Koto-ku
   \_______/              Tokyo 135, JAPAN

[Note followup line]
In article <UTAH.90Sep26173122@emc2.sit.shimz.co.jp> utah@emc2.sit.shimz.co.jp writes:

>Hi !!!
>This is my first post to this group. And I have some question about A/UX.
>If Anyone know about A/UX, please tell me infomations.
>
>1. Can I install A/UX and Mac OS to same HD, and select when booting.

Yes.  But you will need a BIG disk (Apple's 160MB at minimum, if you want a
fair sized Unix partition and a fair sized MacOS partition)
>2. Can I use Hyper Card on A/UX.
Haven't tried it.

>3. Require evironment ( HD, MEMORY, I/O )
Minimum: 80MB HD, 2MB memory, 68030 or 68020+68851
If you want X-windows, etc, make that 4MB of memory, 120MB HD minimum.
(you can squeeze it on a 105, but it's tough)

>4. Can I run X Window applicatin which I made on UNIX SYSTEM under A/UX.
Not the binaries, but if you have the source you can recompile it.  You need
to buy X-windows from Apple or get the MIT distribution from somewhere.

>5. Can I make X Windows aplication under A/UX.
Yes.