[comp.sys.mac.system] Problems with Boomerang 2.1?

bochner@lange.harvard.EDU (Harry Bochner) (09/27/90)

Boomerang 2.1 arrived in the mail in August. I like the new features, and
I'm very impressed by getting this level of support in return for a $30
shareware fee.

BUT

I've been having more crashes than usual for the last month. No particular
pattern, and nothing in particular casts suspicion on Boomerang, but it's
the main change in my operating environment in that period. So I'm wondering
if anyone else has been having trouble with version 2.1. The previous
version worked fine for me.

BTW, does the author have an Internet or BITNET address? The documentation
gives e-mail addresses on compuserve and GEnie, but they don't do me any
good.

Harry Bochner
bochner@das.harvard.edu

lrm3@ellis.uchicago.edu (Lawrence Reed Miller) (09/28/90)

Harry Bochner (bochner@das.harvard.edu) asks:
>BTW, does the author have an Internet or BITNET address? The documentation
>gives e-mail addresses on compuserve and GEnie, but they don't do me any
>good.

Well, you can send mail to a compuserve user by mailing to USERID@compuserve.comwhere USERID is the person's user ID number on compuserve.  This works from
Internet; I don't know about BITNET.

Lawrence Miller

dana@are.berkeley.edu (Dana E. Keil) (09/28/90)

In article <1990Sep27.194118.8509@midway.uchicago.edu> lrm3@ellis.uchicago.edu (Lawrence Reed Miller) writes:
>Harry Bochner (bochner@das.harvard.edu) asks:
>>BTW, does the author have an Internet or BITNET address? The documentation
>>gives e-mail addresses on compuserve and GEnie, but they don't do me any
>>good.
>
>Well, you can send mail to a compuserve user by mailing to USERID@compuserve.com
>where USERID is the person's user ID number on compuserve.

One essential point was omitted here, the comma in the Compuserve userid
has to be changed to a period.

I've been using Boomerang 2.1 for a number of weeks now and haven't noticed
any strangeness. You could try junking the preferences file to see if that
makes any difference, although I think a corrupted Boomerang prefs file
usually just causes Boomerang to forget the files it's supposed to be
keeping track of -- never heard of it causing any other problems.