[comp.sys.mac.system] Finder Problems

jpjst@unix.cis.pitt.edu (James P. Joyce) (09/30/90)

I have a Mac II with a 140 Meg harddrive.  Lately, I've been noticing
that the icons for files incorrect.  This is especially true for
MacWrite and Word files.  Instead of having the word and write icons,
they appear as standard text file icons. When I double click them, nothing
happens.  I've rebuilt the Desktop, and the icons comeback.  The problem is that
after a few days, it happens again.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?????

						Thanks
						Jim Joyce

dana@are.berkeley.edu (Dana E. Keil) (10/05/90)

jpjst@unix.cis.pitt.edu (James P. Joyce) writes:

> Instead of having the word and write icons,
>they appear as standard text file icons. When I double click them, nothing
>happens.  I've rebuilt the Desktop, and the icons comeback.  The problem is that
>after a few days, it happens again.

>Any suggestions on how to fix this?????

Try using the program called BundAid to fix some mistaken "bundle bits".
It worked for me when I had a similar problem.