[comp.sys.mac.system] Multifinder Window Set-Aside?

jr@amanue.UUCP (Jim Rosenberg) (10/07/90)

A few months ago there was some discussion about how the latest version of
Multifinder had a feature that would let you set aside windows for applications
that aren't current.  Alas I don't seem to have saved that traffic.  Could
someone kindly post the details of which version of Multifinder this is and
how it is invoked?  I recently updated my system software and would like to
find out if I've got this feature available.

I've only got the regulation issue SE 9" peep-hole, fill the screen completely
inside my word processor, and then when I toggle to the finder I can't get to
the usual suspects:  disk icons, trash cans, etc.  I know about WindowShade;
will have to snarf it from somewhere ...
--
 Jim Rosenberg                                               -- cgh!amanue!jr
     CIS: 71515,124                              UUCP:         /    /    |

mdm@icefloe.dartmouth.edu (Michael McDaniel) (10/08/90)

jr@amanue.UUCP (Jim Rosenberg) writes:

>A few months ago there was some discussion about how the latest version of
>Multifinder had a feature that would let you set aside windows for applications
>that aren't current.  Alas I don't seem to have saved that traffic.  Could

The version you are looking for is Multifinder 6.1b9.  This Multifinder is not compatible with Automac III, but I have found no other problems.  I do not know if it is available via anonymous ftp anywhere, but if you can't find it, I can probably mail you a copy.

Michael
--
Michael McDaniel              Dartmouth Class of 1991  | HB 2285
Usenet (UUCP):   ...!{harvard,linus,att}!dartvax!mdm   | Hanover, NH