[comp.sys.mac.system] A+ ADB mouse and system 6.0.5

jbr@key.COM (Jeff Rubin) (10/10/90)

Back in about April this year, shortly after 6.0.5 came out, there were
several postings about cursor jumpiness that was thought to occur when
using an A+ ADB mouse (optical mouse from Mouse Systems) with system 6.0.5
when certain keyboard keys were held down.  At the time, one poster wrote
that Mouse Systems said it was a "hardware problem" but that no fix was
immediately forthcoming.  Has anyone heard anything new since then?

-- Jeff

jbr@key.com
...!amdahl!key!jbr

drz@po.cwru.edu (David R. Zinkin) (10/10/90)

I bought an A+ ADB mouse this summer before I knew about the problem with
System 6.0.5.  After I found out about the problem, I called Mouse Systems
and was told that they knew about the conflict but "didn't think it was
all that problematic" and said that they did not know when it would be
fixed in the hardware.

However, they *did* tell me that a software fix was available in beta form
(remember, this was already August!) and that they would send me a copy
"as soon as possible".

I'm still waiting...

 -- Dave Zinkin

David Zinkin -- Case Western Reserve University (Student) and
      Rochester General Hospital Radiology Dept. (Consultant)

INTERNET: drz@po.cwru.edu      BITNET: drz%po.cwru.edu@cunyvm

mkelly@cs.uoregon.edu (Michael A. Kelly) (10/10/90)

In article <1990Oct10.012820.14342@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> drz@po.cwru.edu (David R. Zinkin) writes:

>I bought an A+ ADB mouse this summer before I knew about the problem with
>System 6.0.5.  After I found out about the problem, I called Mouse Systems
>and was told that they knew about the conflict but "didn't think it was
>all that problematic" and said that they did not know when it would be
>fixed in the hardware.
>
>However, they *did* tell me that a software fix was available in beta form
>(remember, this was already August!) and that they would send me a copy
>"as soon as possible".
>
>I'm still waiting...

If anyone has this software in their possession, perhaps they could post it
(stuffed and binhexed) to the net, either to comp.sys.mac.hardware or
comp.binaries.mac.  I'm sure all the A+ users out there would appreciate it
greatly.

Mike.
--
Michael A. Kelly                 | "Resistance is futile."
Internet: mkelly@cs.uoregon.edu  |        - Locutus of Borg