[comp.sys.mac.system] Remote Boot

roland@dna.lth.se (Roland Mansson) (10/17/90)

I noticed that there exists a ".netBOOT" driver on the si. I've not seen this
before. Browsing through the ROMs, I found additional strings:
.ATBOOT
.ATBOOTer
.atBoot
.netBOOT
.netBOOTter
.netBoot
Nslt1
Ntmgr
ATBoot Close
ATBoot Control
ATBoot Open
BootServer
Enhanced Communications Controller

Does anybody know if there really is support for remote boot in the ROMs?

--
Roland Mansson, Lund University Computing Center, Box 783, S220 07 Lund, Sweden
Phone: +46-46107436   Fax: +46-46138225   Bitnet: roland_m@seldc52

carsup@extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU (Fisher Library support) (10/19/90)

In article <1990Oct17.155009.5752@lth.se> roland@dna.lth.se (Roland Mansson) writes:
>	[some text erased]
>
>Does anybody know if there really is support for remote boot in the ROMs?

"I can neither confirm nor deny this, but it is a distinct possibility."

Just trying to imitate what Apple reps would say.  In short, yes, but don't
hold your breath just yet!! :)

**My employers don't understand me, so I guess I'm on my own when I speak out**
Norton Chia		|	I *think* my address is
Micro Support		|		carsup@extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU