[comp.sys.mac.system] Help with laser writer administration

ravi@techunix.BITNET (avi rozen) (11/01/90)

We at the faculty of Industrial Engineering are trying to figure out
how to connect a laser writer (personal) to an AppleTalk LAN with
Password that will prevent any non authorized users from utilizing
the printer, is there any Public domain program that would ask for the
user's passwd whenever attempting to link to the laser writer's driver?
we would appreciate any help with this issue.

Any help is welcome.

                        Avi Rozen (ravi@techunix.technion.ac.il).

pip@pro-freedom.cts.com (David Pipgras) (11/02/90)

The way we did the laser access at our school was to put LaserDrivers on only
selelcted peoples disks. This then barred access to others...

Dave

          "pIch vIghajbe'" -- Worf, Star Trek - The Next Generation

UUCP: .. !crash!pro-freedom!pip
ARPA: crash!pro-freedom!pip@nosc.mil
INET: pip@pro-freedom.cts.com