[comp.sys.mac.system] A use for PseudoFPU on Macintosh IIsi

bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) (11/02/90)

ResEdit 1.2 crashes ("coprocessor not found") on a Macintosh IIsi that
doesn't have an FPU when you try to play a snd resource.  Rebooting with
PseudoFPU fixes the problem.

Now, why does MacWrite 2.2 run while MacWrite 4.5 crashes with a bus error?
--
Paul DuBois
dubois@primate.wisc.edu

                 "Was all of this because I wore a big man's hat?"
--

ngg@bridge2.ESD.3Com.COM (Norman Goodger) (11/03/90)

In article <3371@uakari.primate.wisc.edu> bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) writes:
>ResEdit 1.2 crashes ("coprocessor not found") on a Macintosh IIsi that
>doesn't have an FPU when you try to play a snd resource.  Rebooting with
>PseudoFPU fixes the problem.
>Now, why does MacWrite 2.2 run while MacWrite 4.5 crashes with a bus error?
>Paul DuBois

	I am not sure about ResEdit, but I do know that MacWrite 4.5 does
	not work with the 020 or 030, it was upgraded to 4.6 just before
	5.0 etc came out so that it would be compatable with the Mac II
	where 4.5 was found to die on launch.

	---

--
Norm Goodger				SysOp - MacInfo BBS @415-795-8862
3Com Corp.				Co-SysOp FreeSoft RT - GEnie.