[comp.sys.mac.system] Disk Express II & Desktop Manager

ckd@cs.bu.edu (Christopher Davis) (11/05/90)

I presume that since DE II (at least 2.04) can work in the background,
optimizing even open files, it would work with DM as well?

Does anyone have experience with this configuration?  My 60M drive is
not only in need of continuous defrag/optimization, it wouldn't hurt to
speed up the Desktop updates, also.
--
     Christopher Davis, BU SMG '90  <ckd@cs.bu.edu> <...!bu.edu!bu-cs!ckd>
     "Dammit, we're all going to die, let's die doing something *useful*!"

jp48+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jonathan Pace) (11/06/90)

   I'm running DM with DE II v. 2.04 and having no problems optimizing my hard
drives.  It runs correctly in the background and interactively, with an
internal and an external drive.  There might be some exceptions, but I'm doing
fine myself.

Jon Pace

jones@optilink.UUCP (Marvin Jones) (11/06/90)

In article <CKD.90Nov4204526@bucsd.bu.edu>, ckd@cs.bu.edu (Christopher Davis) writes:
> I presume that since DE II (at least 2.04) can work in the background,
> optimizing even open files, it would work with DM as well?
>
> Does anyone have experience with this configuration?  My 60M drive is

I use the above configuration on two different systems, and have had no
problems with it.  The only problems I have seen with DtMgr at all are a
couple of backup programs which want all files closed in order to back them up.

--
 == Marvin Jones === Optilink Corp. === Petaluma, CA === 707.795.9444 X206 ==
 == uucp: {uunet, tekbspa, pyramid}!optilink!jones ==========================