[comp.sys.mac.system] More Desktop Manager paranoia

ckd@cs.bu.edu (Christopher Davis) (11/06/90)

[Summary of previous messages & mail: several people reported using Disk
Express II with Desktop Manager.  No problems so far from anyone.]

Marvin> The only problems I have seen with DtMgr at all are a couple of
Marvin> backup programs which want all files closed in order to back
Marvin> them up.

Hrm.  Is DiskFit 1.5 one of these (I'd tend to doubt it, since it runs
under MultiFinder, but I'd always rather let someone else be the guinea
pig... ;-)?

--
     Christopher Davis, BU SMG '90  <ckd@cs.bu.edu> <...!bu.edu!bu-cs!ckd>
     "Dammit, we're all going to die, let's die doing something *useful*!"

jimb@silvlis.com (Jim Budler) (11/07/90)

In article <CKD.90Nov5172006@bucsd.bu.edu> ckd@cs.bu.edu (Christopher Davis) writes:

>Marvin> The only problems I have seen with DtMgr at all are a couple of
>Marvin> backup programs which want all files closed in order to back
>Marvin> them up.

>Hrm.  Is DiskFit 1.5 one of these (I'd tend to doubt it, since it runs
>under MultiFinder, but I'd always rather let someone else be the guinea

No. I've used Diskfit 1.5 and Desktop Manager together for over 6 months. Not
the slightest problem.

jim
--
     /  o         /      Jim Budler      jimb@silvlis.com      |  Proud