[comp.sys.mac.system] Ooops...my Newsposter ate this...

jfk@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (James F. Kennedy) (11/14/90)

My Newsposter ate this one.  I took out some of the original header to reduce
bandwidth:)

**Recovered Message**
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: ResEdit

In article <1990Nov13.225834.22196@eng.umd.edu> russotto@eng.umd.edu (Matthew T. Russotto) writes:
>In article <32786@netnews.upenn.edu> jfk@krazy.seas.upenn.edu (James F. Kennedy) writes:
>>
>>I'm correcting you:)  The MENU editor doesn't seem to work on my //cx
>>or //x and I've tried it on a friend's // and another's //fx.  It just
>>doesn't seem to want to work properly....Boy...don't I wish it did;)
>>
>>Perhaps I have a system incompatibility?  I've tried running 6.0.4 and
>>6.0.3 with it...(I really don't like 6.0.5).  But wait!  the //fx is
>>running 6.0.5.  SO it must be ResEdit.
>>

>The Menu Editor works for me on my II under 6.0.7 and 6.0.5.  I suspect some
>sort of INIT incompatibility.
>--
>Matthew T. Russotto	russotto@eng.umd.edu	russotto@wam.umd.edu
>     .sig under construction, like the rest of this campus.

I checked this...so I turned off all inits by booting off of my
wonderful "test" partition (a straight system and finder only boot drive).
Didn't help...I still had problems under 6.0.3, 6.0.4, AND 6.0.5 (just tried
that one).  Perhaps my copy is bad?  The Reference of course says it works.

						James
--
		James F. Kennedy	Finger me if you want me;)
	Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory - The University of Pennsylvania

In article <32810@netnews.upenn.edu> jfk@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (James F. Kennedy) writes:

>>The Menu Editor works for me on my II under 6.0.7 and 6.0.5.  I suspect some
>>sort of INIT incompatibility.
>>--
>>Matthew T. Russotto	russotto@eng.umd.edu	russotto@wam.umd.edu
>>     .sig under construction, like the rest of this campus.
>

>I checked this...so I turned off all inits by booting off of my
>wonderful "test" partition (a straight system and finder only boot drive).
>Didn't help...I still had problems under 6.0.3, 6.0.4, AND 6.0.5 (just tried
>that one).  Perhaps my copy is bad?  The Reference of course says it works.

What makes you think that all init incompatibilities are caused by TOO MANY
inits... Maybe I have an init that as a side effect makes the menu editor
work....

Where did you get your copy-- I got a copy of a local BBS and off of Developer
IV (Discy Business), and both worked.