[comp.sys.mac.system] PrintMonitor equivalent for ImageWriter?

bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) (11/22/90)

Is there a (free or shareware) thing around that does for the ImageWriter
what PrintMonitor does for the LaserWriter?  (this is a non-AppleTalk IM,
by the way.)
--
Paul DuBois
dubois@primate.wisc.edu

       "If you're not a docter, you're just pants" -- Ian D., age 3 1/2

bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) (11/22/90)

From article <3471@uakari.primate.wisc.edu>, by bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral):
> Is there a (free or shareware) thing around that does for the ImageWriter
> what PrintMonitor does for the LaserWriter?  (this is a non-AppleTalk IM,
> by the way.)

Uhh, make that "a non-AppleTalk IW".  whoops.

hpoppe@ncar.ucar.edu (Herb Poppe) (11/22/90)

In article <3472@uakari.primate.wisc.edu> bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in
Neutral) writes:
> From article <3471@uakari.primate.wisc.edu>, by bin@primate.wisc.edu
(Brain in Neutral):
> > Is there a (free or shareware) thing around that does for the
ImageWriter
> > what PrintMonitor does for the LaserWriter?  (this is a non-AppleTalk
IM,
> > by the way.)
>
> Uhh, make that "a non-AppleTalk IW".  whoops.

The "New Printing Architecture", which was orginally part of System 7.0,
but won't now appear until 7.X, supports print spooling to any Chooser
level device, as I understand it. Thus, one could spool to the Imagewriter
as well as film printers, etc.

There are print spoolers for the Imagewriter, but they are not integrated
with the Print Monitor, as far as I know.

Herb Poppe             hpoppe@ncar.ucar.edu
NCAR                      (303) 497-1296
1850 Table Mesa Dr.
Boulder, CO  80307-3000