[comp.sys.mac.system] 6.0.7 and keyboard problems?

wnn@ornl.gov (Wolfgang N. Naegeli) (11/28/90)

In article <1990Nov27.165004.25536@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU>
deh7g@newton.acc.Virginia.EDU (David E. Husk) writes:
> since switching to system 6.05 and now 6.07 my datadesk 101 keyboard
> has been double, triple, quad. etc typing.

I too have noticed the occasional appearance of duplicate characters in my
typed texts recently. I attributed it to sloppy finger work, but when I
think about it, it seems possible that this has occured much more
frequently since I installed 6.0.7.  I used 6.0.5 before and I don't think
I had this occur with any noticable frequency.

I use a Cutting Edge 105 ADB with a Mac IIci  and a DataDesk Switchboard
with a Mac Plus.

I have not seen tripled, quadrupled, ++ ... characters, though.

Wolfgang N. Naegeli
Internet: wnn@ornl.gov     Bitnet: wnn@ornlstc
Phone: 615-574-6143        Fax: 615-574-6141 (MacFax)
QuickMail (QM-QM): Wolfgang Naegeli @ 615-574-4510
Snail: Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6206

philip@pescadero.Stanford.EDU (Philip Machanick) (11/28/90)

In article <1990Nov27.225328.2068@cs.utk.edu>, wnn@ornl.gov (Wolfgang N. Naegeli) writes:
|> In article <1990Nov27.165004.25536@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU>
|> deh7g@newton.acc.Virginia.EDU (David E. Husk) writes:
|> > since switching to system 6.05 and now 6.07 my datadesk 101 keyboard
|> > has been double, triple, quad. etc typing.
|>
|> I too have noticed the occasional appearance of duplicate characters in my
|> typed texts recently. I attributed it to sloppy finger work, but when I
|> think about it, it seems possible that this has occured much more
|> frequently since I installed 6.0.7.  I used 6.0.5 before and I don't think
|> I had this occur with any noticable frequency.

Have you tried checking the keyboard settings in the control panel? Maybe
they were reset to maximum sensitivity when you installed the new system.

--
Philip Machanick
philip@pescadero.stanford.edu