[comp.sys.mac.system] pseudoFPU and Init Picker

ajcolin@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Ari J. Colin) (12/08/90)

I'm not much for complaining about init incompatibilities, but this one gets
me.  I've got a IIsi and found that when under init picker, pseudoFPU will
show its icon at startup, but will not appear under the control panel.  I just
goo-panel-10a2 from sumex, which I used instead of the control panel.So I tried
to load pseudoFPU and got an error to the effect of "not available under
current configuration".  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

| "Excuse me ... what does     |                           |
|  God need with a Starship?"  | Ari Colin                 |
|               Captain Kirk   | Syracuse University       |

billkatt@mondo.engin.umich.edu (billkatt) (12/09/90)

In article <1990Dec8.035912.2122@rodan.acs.syr.edu> ajcolin@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Ari J. Colin) writes:
>I'm not much for complaining about init incompatibilities, but this one gets
>me.  I've got a IIsi and found that when under init picker, pseudoFPU will
>show its icon at startup, but will not appear under the control panel.  I just
>goo-panel-10a2 from sumex, which I used instead of the control panel.So I tried
>to load pseudoFPU and got an error to the effect of "not available under
>current configuration".  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Well, the error message you got from GooPanel just means that that PseudoFPU
decided not to run.  Some cdevs get an early call from the Control Panel to
they can determine themselves whether they want to run or not.  If a cdev
decides not to run under Apple's Control Panel it just doesn't appear.  Under
GooPanel I print the message you received.  Maybe in the future I'll just
make the cdev not appear in the SFGetFile.
BTW, GooPanel 1.0a5 is available for anonymous ftp from mondo.engin.umich.edu
(141.212.68.14) in pub/goopanel in many forms.
It should be available from sumex soon.

Steve Bollinger                                                    ____/|
909 Church St. Apt C                                               \ o.O|
Ann Arbor, Mi. 48104                                                =(_)=
(313)-662-4073 -home (313)-763-3070 -work                             U
billkatt@mondo.engin.umich.edu                              -ACK ACK ACK ACK!
                                                              "thhhhppppttt!"