[comp.sys.mac.system] StartupScreen doesn't last!

surfin@matt.ksu.ksu.edu (William M Harris) (12/11/90)

I have a new Mac SE with System 6.0.7 installed.  When I start it up, my
StartupScreen lasts only a few seconds, then the screen is cleared before all
of my inits are loaded.  I have a friend with an older SE with the same System
installed.  His StartupScreen lasts and eternity compared to mine.  Both
machines have the same ROM version # (630).  I have tried disabling all
inits/cdev (both apple and third party inits) and his startupScreen still lasts
much longer than mine.  What could possibly causing my screen to clear in the
middle of the init loading sequence? (3 init icons appear on the screen, then
the screen clears, then the rest of the inits appear.  On my friends machine,
the same inits are loaded, but all of the icons remain on the screen)

This is not a real problem..... Just a bit annoying to look at a grey screen
instead of my StartupScreen.

Thanx in advance for any info!

--
 SURFIN@KSUVM.BITNET     |  That which does not Kill us makes us stronger.
 surfin@ksuvm.ksu.edu    |                            -Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonl@gold.gvg.tek.com (Brandon Lovested) (12/13/90)

In article <1990Dec12.172812.8248@maverick.ksu.ksu.edu> surfin@matt.ksu.ksu.edu (William M Harris) writes:
>Thanx all for the solution to my dissappearing StartupScreen.
>It turned out to be AppleShar.
> surfin@matt.ksu.ksu.edu ! GOD created NORTH Clamp-on booms.

Are you sure?  I don't have AppleShar, and regardless of which init goes up
fourth, the screen clears before it.

BRANDON G. LOVESTED        ::::=:::==::===:====   FOR EVERY VISION,
Software Design Engineer   ::::=:::==::===:====   THERE IS AN
Grass Valley Group         ::::=:::==::===:====   EQUAL AND OPPOSITE