[comp.sys.mac.system] New fonts for the laser writer

soulard@fantasio.inria.fr (Herve Soulard) (12/14/90)

Hello,

In our project we we own a laser writer II/ntx with one hard disk, connected to a Mac and used by Sun workstations.

That's all right, but we have a problem : we would like to create new fonts (bitmaps) and download them onto the disk; we don't how to do this.

Does somebody know how to get a file containing the font bitmap and put it on the disk ?

			Herve Soulard.

PS: we are novices in Mac ssytem.

pip@pro-freedom.cts.com (David Pipgras) (12/16/90)

Herve,

   Firt of all, you need outline (postscript) fonts for the laserwriter. If
you   use just plain bit maps, you will still get blocky fonts when you scale
them (make them larger). There is a way to created outline fonts, and it does
require a lot of work on your part, is to purchase a copy of Fontographer
(check the mail order catalogs) This will allow you to create and save them
to disk. As for downloading them to a hard disk, find someone with a copy of
Adobe's Font Downloader program. This will allow you to reset your
laserwriter, download to memory, or disk, both fonts and postscript graphics.

   If you need more help, please feel free to e-mail me directly!

Dave

          "pIch vIghajbe'" -- Worf, Star Trek - The Next Generation

UUCP: .. !crash!pro-freedom!pip
ARPA: crash!pro-freedom!pip@nosc.mil
INET: pip@pro-freedom.cts.com