[comp.sys.mac.system] Re^2: ResEdit 2.1

perez@andromeda.rutgers.edu.rutgers.edu (William Perez) (12/15/90)

It's official and will be distributed to replace the old 1.2.
It works with system 7.0 as well and has MANY bug fixes and
new features.  I've had no problems with it yet.  NONE!
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
<>William Perez           <>  Internet:        perez@andromeda.rutgers.edu  <>
<>RPO 0043 POBox 5063     <>  America Online:  WilliWonka                   <>
<>New Brunswick, NJ 08903 <>                                                <>
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

rob@cs.mu.oz.au (Robert Wallen) (12/17/90)

In article <Dec.14.16.33.57.1990.25195@galaxy.rutgers.edu> perez@andromeda.rutgers.edu.rutgers.edu (William Perez) writes:
>It's official and will be distributed to replace the old 1.2.
>It works with system 7.0 as well and has MANY bug fixes and
>new features.  I've had no problems with it yet.  NONE!

Apologies if this is an FAQ but I havent yet been able to get a version of
ResEdit past 1.3d1 which was capable of editing menus on my SE/30 (System 6.05)
I've tried both 2.0b2 and 2.1b3.  If I actually shell out the bucks to buy it
from AAPDA will I be getting anything better?  Or, is there a fix that I am
missing?

When I say incapable, I mean it crashes when I open *any* menu resource. TMON
tells me that it is somewhere inside the call to _CalcMenuSize at _GetRMenu+58
1.3 still works and so thats what I use for menus -- its a pain having to
remember to switch though; not to mention the annoyance of not being able to
guarantee which version will be started when I click on my RSRC/RSED documents

hp48sx@wuarchive.wustl.edu (HP48SX Archive Maintainer) (12/17/90)

APDA  will NOT supply you with newer thing than those available on
AppleLink. My opinion is that APDA is too far behind actual releases,
and that they want too much money, as you have to pay for each minor
upgrade og MacsBug or ResEdit you want. Third party upgrades are
cheaper, but you often pay a larger initial price.

The version of ResEdit that you will launch when clicking on a document
is the version that you hast last moved to another folder! This is true
for all programs. The mmost recently moved copy is active.

Povl H. Pedersen             hp48sx@wuarchive.wustl.edu
HP48sx archive maintainer

Greg@AppleLink.apple.com (Greg Marriott) (12/17/90)

In article <1990Dec16.235618.1355@wuarchive.wustl.edu>
hp48sx@wuarchive.wustl.edu (HP48SX Archive Maintainer) writes:
> The version of ResEdit that you will launch when clicking on a document
> is the version that you hast last moved to another folder! This is true
> for all programs. The mmost recently moved copy is active.

This is not true in 7.0.  The Finder will launch the latest version
(the one with the most recent creation date) of an application when you
open a document.

Greg Marriott
Blue Meanie
Apple Computer, Inc.

minich@d.cs.okstate.edu (Robert Minich) (12/18/90)

by Greg@AppleLink.apple.com (Greg Marriott):
| This is not true in 7.0.  The Finder will launch the latest version
| (the one with the most recent creation date) of an application when you
| open a document.

Is this also how the AppleShare DeskTop Mangaer works?
--
|_    /| | Robert Minich            |
|\'o.O'  | Oklahoma State University| "I'm a newcomer here, but does the