[comp.sys.mac.system] Grayshades on the Deswriter???

K255705@pavo.concordia.ca (11/29/90)

Hi, I would like to know what kinds of graphic file formats that store
grayscale information which are well outputed on a HP DesWriter.
I tried TIFF which is the most effective one and it just gives me black
spots and white spots instead of nice grayshades.

Please reply to: jack@concour.cs.concordia.ca

Thank you.

                                                JP

wwtaroli@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Bill Taroli) (12/19/90)

In article <4882@pavo.concordia.ca> K255705@pavo.concordia.ca writes:
>Hi, I would like to know what kinds of graphic file formats that store
>grayscale information which are well outputed on a HP DesWriter.
>I tried TIFF which is the most effective one and it just gives me black
>spots and white spots instead of nice grayshades.

Try using PICT and put patterns (the standard dotted kind) where you want the
shades.. the DeskWriter driver will do the rest.

* Bill Taroli (WWTAROLI@RODAN.acs.syr.edu)    | "You can and must understand  *
* Syracuse University, Syracuse NY            | computers NOW!" -- Ted Nelson *