[comp.sys.mac.system] Excel 2.2a vs. System 6.0.5 conflict?

sanders.parc@xerox.com (Rex Sanders) (01/04/91)

In article <61841@bbn.BBN.COM> idowell@bbn.com (Ian Dowell) writes:
>I just updated the system software on a Mac IIcx from
>6.0.4 to 6.0.5.  This caused Excel 2.2a to crash the
>machine whenever a menu was pulled down (the menu
>was drawn as a vertical numeric slider, then the
>machine crashed).  Switching back to 6.0.4 fixed the
>problem.  No INITs were used with 6.0.5.  The cx had
>a E-Machines Z21 IQ monitor (which requires 32-bit QD).
>
>6.0.5 and Excel 2.2a seem to get along fine on my SE.
>
>Any clues as to that the conflict might be?  I'd like to
>run 6.0.5 so I can run Hypercard 2.0.

I've seen two or three perfectly good System 6.0.5 + Excel 2.2/2.2a
machines suddenly develop this problem.  I don't have a clue, but the
only solution was to rip out the System file and re-install.
No, re-installing with old System file in place does NOT work.
Yes, we have the latest Disinfectant running.

-- Rex
   sanders.parc@xerox.com