[comp.sys.mac.system] 6.0.7 Distribution Disks?

aem@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (a.e.mossberg) (01/06/91)

In <1991Jan5.030447.17219@midway.uchicago.edu> xdab@ellis.uchicago.edu (David Baird) writes:
>This question may be only a feature of my limited exposure
>to the "real world," but is system 6.0.7 distributed on
>anything but the high density disks? While I don't have
>any problem with this (having a IIfx and a IIci), some of
>my friends have only lowly Mac IIs, Pluses, and SEs which
>do not have the new HD drives.

>Is it possible to copy the files onto, say, three 800k disks,
>and have the Installer find everything? Or do we go to our
>dealer and demand 800k disks that Apple sent to them?

Both midway and ellis at uchicago are on Internet. You could forget
about your local dealer altogether and download 6.0.7 yourself from
apple.com by ftp.....

aem

--
We must never assume that which is incapable of proof. - G.H. Lewes