[comp.sys.mac.system] Macsbug v. Multifinder

wilson@iowasp.physics.uiowa.edu (Peter D. Wilson) (01/17/91)

I recently expanded my Mac Plus to 2.5 Meg and began using Multifinder.
My computer would then freeze up shortly after startup.  I think I have
narrowed the problem down to Macsbug.  I removed it from the System
Folder for a couple weeks and never bombed.  I put it back a few days
ago and bombed within minutes.  I haven't been able to consistently
reproduce the error though.  It just happens at some point after opening
a couple applications.
I've been using the same Macsbug for over 3 years and the file lists
its creation date as 1985, well before Multifinder.  Is there a newer
version that is Multifinder friendly and how can I get it?
Thanks for any help.
--
  Peter.
  wilson@iowasp.physics.uiowa.edu

maa@clinet.fi (Miika Asunta) (01/17/91)

wilson@iowasp.physics.uiowa.edu (Peter D. Wilson) writes:

>I recently expanded my Mac Plus to 2.5 Meg and began using Multifinder.
>My computer would then freeze up shortly after startup.  I think I have
>narrowed the problem down to Macsbug.  I removed it from the System
>Folder for a couple weeks and never bombed.  I put it back a few days
>ago and bombed within minutes.  I haven't been able to consistently
>reproduce the error though.  It just happens at some point after opening
>a couple applications.
>I've been using the same Macsbug for over 3 years and the file lists
>its creation date as 1985, well before Multifinder.  Is there a newer
>version that is Multifinder friendly and how can I get it?
>Thanks for any help.
>--
>  Peter.
>  wilson@iowasp.physics.uiowa.edu

Is there a version of MacsBug that would work with Marathon '030 MacPlus
upgrade?
* Miika Asunta		        *	Double Basist			*
* internet: maa@clinet.fi       *	     Macintosh Programmer	*
* UUCP: mcsun!fuug!clinet!maa   *					*