[comp.sys.mac.system] Sound Problems W/ System 6.07

baumgart@esquire.dpw.com (Steve Baumgarten) (01/18/91)

In article <11559.2792E0DC@fidogate.FIDONET.ORG>, Titus.Wong@f555 (Titus Wong) writes:
>I am having some problems with system 6.07 on a Mac //.  I add some new
>sounds to my computer. and they worked fine with system 6.05, so I upgraded
>to system 6.07 and only 2/3 of the sounds work. This is on 3 differend
>systems on differend hard drives but same computer.  My computer at work,
>works fine( another Mac // and same sounds.)  I need some help
>(415) 978-3362

The problem is that the header information in some of your sounds is
corrupt.  The old sound manager didn't care about this information,
but the new one does.

The easiest way to fix the problem is to use the shareware application
Sound Mover to copy the offending sounds from one suitcase to another.
That's how I fixed mine.  If you're brave, you can also go in and fix
them with ResEdit, but why bother?

Sound Mover is available at sumex, and on Compuserve, America
Online... the usual places.

--
   Steve Baumgarten             | "New York... when civilization falls apart,
   Davis Polk & Wardwell        |  remember, we were way ahead of you."