[comp.sys.mac.system] Help: THINK C, MPW C, THINK Pascal, LabVIEW, Image Processing

qmeng@jacob.UVic.CA (Qing-Hu Meng) (01/23/91)

From: qmeng@jacob.UVic.CA (Qing-Hu  Meng)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.programmer,comp.sys.mac.apps
Subject: Help: Think C, MPW C, Think PASCAL, LabVIEW, and Images

Hi, there.

We are setting up a MacIIfx programming environment here. We have
little idea on which software package will be best suitable to us.
Your help on providing information and suggestions is highly
appreciated.

Our system is a Mac II fx with a National Instruments' DSP board
and LabVIEW virtue instruments software package installed. We are
going to install an on-line image processing package including
Frame Grabber and certain processing hardware and software. We
want to choose a package that can be used with LabVIEW developer's
tool kit and with most of the popular image processing softwares.
So our questions are:

1. What are the major differences between Think C and MPW C, which
   one is easy to use, which one is more suitable for our purpose ?

2. Is there any frame grabber and image processing software that
   works with LabVIEW ?

3. What are the most powerful/popular/convenient image processing
   hardwares and softwares for MacIIfx respectively ?

4. What are your suggestions for setting up an environment like this ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

  * Max MENG,   Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering,         *
  * University of Victoria, P.O.Box 3055, Victoria, B.C., Canada V8W 3P6 *
  * Internet: qmeng@sirius.UVic.ca  [Expect what you've done to others!] *

qmeng@jacob.UVic.CA (Q.-H. Max Meng) (01/23/91)