[comp.sys.mac.system] Anyone seen Adobe's LaserWriter driver?

blm@6sceng.uucp (Brian Matthews) (02/10/91)

A few months ago Adobe posted a note soliciting suggestions for a
PostScript printer driver for the Mac (and possibly other machines).
However, I haven't seen anything since then (which could just mean
I wasn't paying attention :-))  What is the status of this project?
--
Brian L. Matthews	blm@6sceng.UUCP

gelphman@adobe.COM (David Gelphman) (02/12/91)

In article <615@6sceng.UUCP> blm@6sceng.uucp (Brian Matthews) writes:
>A few months ago Adobe posted a note soliciting suggestions for a
>PostScript printer driver for the Mac (and possibly other machines).
>However, I haven't seen anything since then (which could just mean
>I wasn't paying attention :-))  What is the status of this project?
>Brian L. Matthews	blm@6sceng.UUCP

We're hard at work on the driver and things are coming along nicely.
There hasn't been a formal introduction of the driver or an announced
release date so I can't say anything about availability. The driver
group is still interested in ideas which users/application writers
have for the driver. We got a number of comments from the net and
they have been quite valuable. Send comments to:
	macdriver@adobe.com
and they will get to the engineers and product managers involved in
this project.

Sorry for being silent about this...we're hard charging but we read
our mail!

David Gelphman
Adobe Systems Incorporated